Saturday, January 07, 2006

New horizons .... Maybe

Hubby and I have always laughed at the never ending array of house and land packages and all of the inclusions and extras. But today we got talking about maybe eating humble pie and following the masses to the "burbs". I personally love being 15 minutes from the city with a great mix of ages and nationalities and stories but it is so expensive. We are going to have to do something soonish as we are planning bubby number 2 and we are fast running out of space. I just wish some of the newer suburbs had better facilities. At least I know they have schools and kindergartens as there are mostly young families out there but what about public transport and libraries? I need to do some research, don't I? I shouldn't get too excited as we always talk ourselves out of this sort of thing. We only ever planned on the Tattslotto dream house being built in an older established area like the one we live in at the moment. Can we downsize the dream to make way for reality and a smaller mortgage? I think we are going to have to. I have always been a snob when it comes to suburbs, but the older I get the more I realise that if you are happy it doesn't really matter where you are. I am mellowing faster than I am ageing, I am sure of it!!

No comments: