Sunday, August 01, 2010

Flutter

It has been long time between posts ... like years! But now it feels right to get back into it. So here we go again.
Something most people don't know about me is that I enjoy a flutter on the horses! I suppose it has the thrill of a quick win and that always seems very appealing but I also like that there are so many ways to approach the task of picking a winner. Some people do numbers, names of horses, colours the jockey wear or maybe just pick the favourites. I tend to look at the predictions and then look at the names of the horses. I only bet small amounts like a $1 or $2 at a time but it is fun. I have managed a few small wins but certainly not enough to be able to hit the road for a month somewhere lovely.
I also really enjoy going to a picnic race meeting. It is a great day out and nice to share food and bubbles with friends. We have been going to the races at Balnarring and it is tiring walking back and forth from the betting ring and then to the track and then back to the car but a really nice outing in summer. I am looking forward to the next time we can round up a group of people and make a day of it.

No comments: